Give Peace a Chance
- It has been calculated that in the last 3,500 years, there have been only 230 years of peace throughout the civilized world.
- The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and Englad in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after thirty-eight minutes.
- Those condemned to death by the axe in medieval and Renaissance England were obliged to tip their executioner to ensure that he would complete the job in one blow.
- H2O expands as it freezes and contracts as it melts, displacing the exact same amount of fluid in either state. So, if the northern ice cap did melt, it would cause absolutely no rise in the level of the ocean.
- Hot water is heavier than cold.
- An iceberg contains more heat than a match.
- One hundred seven incorrect medical procedures will be performed by the end of the day today.
- If you yelled for eight years, seven months, and six days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
This was all for nothing...
- Approximately 97 percent of all statistics are made up.